
This poster, created during World War II by the United States Committe for the Care of European Children, is clearly an appeal to Pathos. The children are arriving safely in New York, and it is assumed that they have just come from war-torn Europe, most likely England or Germany. They look greatly pleased to have come safely, and the Statue of Liberty in the background can only mean good things are in store for the future. The large text "SAFE!" above them seems to say "This is what your donations are paying for, helping children to be safe." It is hard to imagine a better appeal to someone's emotions other than using children.
Good job, that is a great analysis of the poster. I also wanted to say that I really like your new background color for your blog. The last time I was on it is was black. The new color really goes with your title. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, that's really what I was going for! Plus, about 4 other people from our class had that color scheme too, so it was about time for a change.
ReplyDelete